Events

Wednesday, 29 October 2008

24/10/08

A lot can go down between Thursday and Saturday....
_________________________________________

Friday Funk POW! (Bar/Club)


Jelen, 24th October from 22.00, free
Blaha Lujza tér [map]
Pest South, XIII, Blaha Lujza tér (M2 or T4/6), 3 mins

Soul, funk, hip-hop, breaks and underground jazz - with tunes juggled by four djs (two of them from tilos), this night in one of Budapest's better bars is a pretty solid bet. Check their blog here. Our Jelen review here.

_________________________________________

Also recommended...

Gumipop (Bar/Club)
, Artkatakomba, 24th October, 22.00, free
Indie party moves to the art catacombs at the foot of Margit hid, outside McDonalds. Down the steps outside McDonalds. It has to be better than the last time I went in the art catacombs - I lasted all of five minutes, before I was driven out by bangin', awful house. Urgggh.

The Room Magazine Launch Party (Club)
Merlin,
10th October, 20:00.
Kunk and Yonderboi provide the tunes to celebrate the launch of the Room's latest issue. Fashionable, arty, it has a picture of Wonder Woman on the cover.


Elektra (Opera), Opera House, 24th October, 19:00
Richard Strauss' little performed synthesiser opera. Not really, it's actually a miserable and gloomy work which extends the more dissonant style of composition that Strauss was exploring in Salome. You're thinking 'urrrrgh come on thehub, it's Friday!' I'm thinking 'Shut up, you phillistine. The opera house is lovely'. Possibly not in English, so check the synopsis here. Tickets here.

_________________________________________

No comments: