Events

Wednesday, 13 February 2008

7/2/08

The weekend in Budapest starts on a Thursday and ends on a Wednesday. So for the first day of the weekend, you'd better find yourself something to do.
_________________________________
.
"Torkos" Thursday (Event)

Lots of places, 7th Feb, evening.
Hungary [map]

There are scores of restaurants offering half-price meals tonight but the question is... can you find one that's not booked up? If not, no dramas, you could always make a reservation for next year...




________________________________
.
Indiepop (Club)

Filter Club, 7th Feb, Free
Almássy utca 1 [map]
Pest, VII, Blaha Lujza tér (M2, T4/6), 5 min

It's not particularly Hungarian, but you can indulge in indie sounds in a very-Budapest lamp-lit basement. If it doesn't end with I Am The Resurrection it isn't an indie night. Tell the DJ!


_________________________________

Metropolis (Film)

Tabán Mozi, 7th Feb, 20:30

Fritz Lang's silent, but slightly German masterpiece is playing at Tabán. There are several scores for this, but it's anyone's guess which one they'll be using. Should anyone go, feel free to drop us a line and let us know if it was Giorgio Moroder's - that one's pretty awful.

_________________________________
.
Sanomachi (Club)

Trafo, 7th Feb, 21:30, Girls free, Boys 500 ft
Liliom utca 41 [map]
Tel. 456 2040
Pest, IX, Ferenc körút (M3), 3 min

I'm turning Japanese, I'm really turning Japanese, I really think so. Maybe not a lot from the Vapours tonight, but a whole shedload of Electro, Indie, Pop, Rave and a little old-school Kunk! Last time I was at one of their parties, it was a good time.

_________________________________

Hungarian-Csángó Táncház (Folk dance)

Fono, 7th Feb, 20:30
Sztregova utca Kalotaszeg u.
No, not Tango, Csángó : Moldavians caught somewhere between being Hungarian and Romanian. Music from Műhely and Somos soundtracks a unique experience.


_________________________________



No comments: