If you were in the US today, you'd be voting for Barack Obama, your main motivation being that he's named after a Hungarian fruit. Oh, and he's not an idiot. But you're not there, so get yourself an apricot pálinka at one of the following...
_________________________________________
He's a one-man band, which must be knackering. How often do you get to see a one-man band? Californian folky-blues stops off in Budapest partway through it's tour of Central Europe. The tour-bus must be a hoot! And if the words "custom made stomp-box" don't do anything for you, then you have no musical soul. Myspace here.
Or how about...?
Jethro Tull (Concert)
Körcsarnok, 4th November, 19:30
Dont see what I do not want to see, You dont hear what I dont say, Wont be what I dont want to be, I continue in my way... and Jethro continue on their way, as they have done for 40 years. Details here.
Rekontra (Concert)
Pótkulcs [map], 21:00, 4th November, free
As ever, hard-to-find Pótkulcs hosts Rekontra, who breathe more life into traditional Hungarian folk music than you might think possible. Listen here.
MC Black Spawn (Concert)
Serpa, 4th November
If folk and one-man bands aren't your thing, how about the spawn of Hungarian hip-hop?
_________________________________________

No comments:
Post a Comment