Events

Wednesday, 28 January 2009

27/01/09

Tuesday afternoon, I'm just beginning to see; Now I'm on my way, it doesn't matter to me; chasing the clouds away. Don't make it a Moody Blue Tuesday, get into town for...
_________________________________________

Havizaj 20: Bülanz Orgabar, Sister Iodine & I.O.N. (Concert)

Cökxpôn, 27th January, 9pm, 500Ft
Soroksári út 8-10 [map]
Pest South, IX, Boráros tér (T4/6), 4 min

Bülanz Orgabar! That's the best name I've heard since Big Happy Woman Church! They describe themselves as "rackety stampedes, broken-up rock, dubious silences" with "moments of earthy depression" but they are in fact a sonic mess.

Sister Iodine, on the other hand, have previously supported Sonic Youth, Stereolab and Bastard, and sound like a storm in a motorbike engine. Myspace here.

Also on the bill, are I.O.N. - Industrial Orthodox Noise - whose post-punk alt. electronica is a great deal better than most indie acts born in Budapest. You can preview them in our culture section here.


Limited Timpani, Fullogic and Rovar 17 complete a noisy, fucked-up night. Event Myspace here.
_________________________________________

Or how about...?

Kovács Linda Quartet (Concert)
Sirály
[map] 21:00, 27th January, 20:00
Warm, creamy, easily digestible jazz with a hint of Cassandra Wilson or Shirley Horn (but not as deep.) Myspace here. That man Dávid Lamm of Balázs Elemér Group fame appears on guitar for the second time this week!

Zámbó Happy Dead Band & Major (Concert)
Gödör, 27th July, 21.00, free
While Zámbó Happy Dead Band aren't actually headlining and have by far the sillier name, they do at least have a minimum web presence. Manic electronica! Lastfm here.

Art Jam (Concert)
Artkatakomba [map] 27th January, 21:00, 500ft
Double Bass vituoso, Egri J
ános and Oláh Tzumo Árpád pool their Jazz talents underground in what may or may not have been a public toilet at some point. But don't let that put you off!

_________________________________________

No comments: