Events

Wednesday, 22 July 2009

19/07/09

"Sunday night: now I know how the night can pass slow; All kinds of ugly outside, that's right; And I'm all alone tonight." Don't stay home alone. Go out and find some kind of ugly...
_________________________________________

Summer on the Chain Bridge (Festival)

Lánchíd [map], 19th July, free
Pest, XIV, Széchenyi Fürdő, (M1) 5 min

Jazz on the Chain Bridge! (That's not an invitation.)

Exciting, throbbing, syncopated rhythms and improvisations take over the Danube like it was made of Jazz. Lots of jazz bands as free as the air. Details here.

(I don't know about you but whenever I see the logo for the Modern Art Orchestra, I think of the web-speak abbreviation 'lmao', which is mildly unpleasant.)

_________________________________________

Also worth thinking about...

Les Touffes Krétiennes (Concert)
A38, 21:00, 1000Ft
They're wacky. They're French. They're wacky French brass clowns, Les Touffes Krétiennes. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll love their cover of Walk Like An Egyptian (or possibly, you won't). Myspace here.

Transform Quintet (Concert)
Kertem, Városliget [map], 20:00
"Transformers; More than meets the eye; Transformers; Robots in Disguise!" If it is a disguise, it's a pretty good one. I don't remember the particular robot that became a jazz band with elements of electronic music and classic romanticism. Find out more here.

Bruno (Film)
Művész [map], 19:30, 21:00, 22:30
The formula: choose nationality; act like an arse; fool stupid people into thinking you're real. Some will think it's clever (teenagers); some will think it's social comment (critics); some will enjoy the crude gags (the public). Some will think it's total shite. Trailer here. Reviews here.

Flea Market (Flea Market)
Bolhapiac, City Park, morning only, 120Ft.
Old nudie magazines, used underwear, written-on postcards, stolen mobile phones... hey, maybe you can even pick up some pre-war cigarette butts! Be sure to get there early to get dibs on the best crap! Hub article here.

_________________________________________

No comments: