Events

Wednesday, 29 July 2009

26/07/09

"Sunday night: now I know how the night can pass slow; All kinds of ugly outside, that's right; And I'm all alone tonight." Don't stay home alone. Go out and find some kind of ugly...
_________________________________________

Rory & Zack (Concert)

Kertem, 26th July, 20:00
Városliget [map]
Pest, XIV, Hősök tere, (M1) 5 min

"Q: Did I kill Michael Jackson
A: The short answer is: probably. I'll get to that further along.
"

Zack is Zack Kouns, whose sounds resound around an underground cavern haunted by Syd Barrett, Captain Beefheart and the Hound of the Baskervilles. A reckless, rancid, rusted racket. It makes all the music you've ever heard sound like it was made by conservative republicans.

I can't work out what Rory Hinchey does. His website's here.

Undoubtedly, gig of the week.
_________________________________________

Also worth thinking about...

30Y (Concert)
Zöld Pardon [map], 20:00
Middle-of-the-road Hungo-rock tonight from 30Y, if that's your bag. They're nearly calle BOY but not quite. Terrible idea.

PASO (Concert)
Szent István Park [map], 20:00
Well, this is a new one for me in terms of location. In terms of music, PASO play uncomplicated, good-time ska - nothing really to write home about, but a lot of fun if you're in the mood. Myspace here.

Flea Market (Flea Market)
Bolhapiac, City Park, morning only, 120Ft.
Old nudie magazines, used underwear, written-on postcards, stolen mobile phones... hey, maybe you can even pick up some pre-war cigarette butts! Be sure to get there early to get dibs on the best crap! Hub article here.

_________________________________________

No comments: