Events

Wednesday, 27 February 2008

26/02/08

Celebrate Mark Dacascos' 44th birthday this Tuesday and do it in style! What do you mean "Who's Mark Dacascos?" Only the most famous Hungo-Hawaiian martial artist ever to grace the silver screen! Undoubtedly, he will approve of tonight's events, if he gets the chance to check.
_________________________________

45's Klub (Reggae Night)

Corvintető, 26th Feb, from 21:00
Corvin Áruház, Blaha Lujza tér 1-2 [map] Pest Centre, VIII, Blaha Lujza tér (M2, T4/6), 1 min

A classic reggae night in the city's newest former-department-store-turned-bar looks like a sensible way to spend Tuesday evening... All together now! 'Four hundred years of colonialism, And I and I no get high oh yeah, I and I no reach high oh yeah, ‘Cause too much ism and skism, children, Too much ism and skism,Too much ism and skism, taking over, Too much ism and skism'

_________________________________
.
Berkó Együttes (Concert)

Pótkulcs, from 21:00, 12th Feb, Free
Csengery u. 65/b [map]
Pest, VI, Nyugati pu (T 4,6, M
3), 5 min


Hard-to-find Pótkulcs hosts Berkó Együttes, who breathe more life into traditional folk music than you might think possible. When Balint, the cimbalom player takes the lead, the crowd goes wild!


_________________________________

Shortbus (Film)

Művész, 21:15, 26th Feb
Teréz körút 30 [map]
Pest, VI, Teréz körút (T4/6), 1 min

The first major film to cross hardcore porn with gentle, romantic comedy didn't really get released here, but Művész are showing a DVD version tonight. It's been equally praised (for its wit and daring) and criticised (for being little more than a concept). Leave your grandmother at home.

_______
__________________________

Radai Andrea (Exhibition)

ACB Galeria, until 1st March

"Once. Twice. I zoom in. I zoom out."
...says Rádai Andrea. "Anything can be the subject of a painting. " Andrea specializes in wallpaper - sort of. See what I mean, what she means and have a stab at what anything means at your local ACB.


_________________________________

No comments: